I don’t even know where to start.
Maybe from the beginning…
I started my journey in 2010 on my 32nd birthday. I wanted to lose the baby weight. That’s it. I just wanted to be a certain size/weight and I knew once I hit that goal, I’d be happy.
I went through the motions: cut my portions, started exercising. I discovered so many ways to burn calories, and so many ways to cook a chicken breast along the way.
But the thing I learned most during this process was to enjoy the journey. I discovered I LOVE to be in the gym…not just to get to that certain size or weight, but because it makes me feel confident and sexy. And at 35, I’ll take it.
Am I at goal/size weight? Maybe. But really, who cares? I feel freaking awesome and I love the skin that I’m in.
And now for those NSVs:
- As I was getting dressed in the gym locker room this morning, a friend walked in and said I was looking great. Then she proceeded to call me a hot mama. Who wouldn’t like that?? :)
- I wore a skirt from last summer and its way too loose. Those inches are melting away!
- I used the 17.5 dumbbells for hammer curls yesterday. Gains, baby, gains!
- I’m SEEING muscle definition. This is making MORE addicted to lifting weights.
- A woman notices when she makes heads turn, and I must say, there are some heads turning, and this 35 year old married mom of 2 will take it! :)